What Causes Traction Alopecia?
As much as we all love extensions, wigs, ponytails, and protective styling, they tend to put a lot of stress on your scalp that can cause traction alopecia.
Traction alopecia is a form of hair loss caused by constant pulls on your hair. You can also trigger this condition if you use heat or chemicals on your hair as well.
But if you take note early enough, you can reverse this condition and grow back your hair. And this is only if you act fast, else the hair follicles get damaged permanently.
What Are the Symptoms of Traction Alopecia?
In addition to a receding hairline around the nape, forehead, and temples, Traction Alopecia also causes these symptoms:
- Small pimples on the scalp or at the base of braids
- Redness, itching, and scalp pain
- Widening hair parting
- Patches of thin or broken hair in areas where the hair is stressed
- Patches of shiny, scarred skin [in severe cases]
What You Can Do About This Hair Condition
You’ll need to trigger a healthy inflammation in the affected area. Doing this lets your body know there’s a problem in that area that needs its attention. Here's how it works:
- Use Electroporation and Micro-needling to infuse active ingredients into the deeper [middle] layers of your scalp. These are the areas hand-applied serums and oils can’t reach.
- These growth factors will immediately strengthen the weakened hair shafts to prevent further hair fall.
- Healthy inflammation and vitamin infusions work on stimulating the dormant follicles to grow back.
- The new hair growth is soft but will get thicker, stronger, and longer over time.
- Results are different but, you could see improvements in hair texture and thickness. New hairs will begin to appear in the treated area within 12 weeks of the first treatment.
How We Reverse Traction Alopecia
Indeed, we’ve all heard how supplements like Biotin help with hair growth, but the thing is…you don’t know how much of the pill your body digests or even needs.
Here at Nina Ross, we reverse traction alopecia through innovative solutions that stop hair loss and spark re-growth.
We treat Traction Alopecia by infusing growth factors, platelet-rich plasma, vitamins, and minerals straight into your scalp.By directly feeding these nutrients into your blood supply, we help spark the growth process. Learn more about our hair growth methods here.