So, What Are Keratin Fusion Extensions?
Keratin fusion extensions are human hair extensions that are tipped with keratin glue. They’re 100% human hair and responsive to all hair-styling activities you’d usually do on your hair like coloring, curling, and flat ironing.
These extensions suit you if you like the idea of wearing your hair extensions for long periods.
How Long Does It Take To Install Keratin Fusion Extensions?
Visit a keratin fusion extension specialist or technician for installation procedures.
A hot fusion wand is used to melt the extension onto your hair before it's rolled together.
We know this sounds like your hair is getting damaged, but that's not the case because the glue used is a protein material [keratin].
How Long Do Keratin Fusion Extensions Last?
Fusion hair extension installations can last 12-18 weeks. This duration varies based on some factors, like the rate of your hair growth or how much hair you install.
When it’s time to remove these extensions, you shouldn’t do it without your technician's help to avoid damaging your hair.
Your hairstylist will know the best ways to take out your keratin fusion extensions without harming those precious hair follicles.
How Can You Care For Your Keratin Fusion Extensions?
Caring for your keratin fusion hair extensions will need some extra care. Your goal is to protect both your natural hair and the fusion extensions.
Do, here are the ways to care for these extensions;
Wash Your Hair the Right Way
- Don’t wash your hair during the first 2-3 days post-installation. Give your hair time to settle and for the keratin glue to dry.
- Next, keep your hair/scalp clean and reduce tangle risks.
- Remain gentle and wash your extensions from their roots before you rinse.
- Apply conditioner midway to the hair shaft, then rinse from root to tip. You want to make sure you do this in a top-down motion to prevent tangling.
Brush Your Hair Extensions to Keep Them Tangle-Free
- You can use a soft-bristle or a looper brush to tame those tangles. These brushes work great at detangling extensions without damaging your hair.
- When detangling, always start at the ends, hold your hair tightly to avoid pulling from the root.
- Then, work your way up towards the fusion area.
- You want to avoid tugging or pulling so that you don’t trigger breakage.
Create a Bedtime Ritual for Your Hair
You’ll need to take time to put your keratin fusion hair extensions up into a ponytail or loose-braids to prevent tangles or hair friction that can disturb its structure.
Don’t go to bed with wet hair because this can lead to hair matting, which is quite difficult to detangle.
Use Heat with Caution
You might want to use heat to flat-iron or add some waves or curls to your hair.
That’s OK but use heat carefully. Try to steer clear of the areas close to the bonds.
If your heating tool moves too close to this area, your bonds can get sticky or even slip out completely.
We at Nina Ross Hair Therapy provide Keratin Fusion Extensions that allow you to transform your look as you want.
These hair extensions are a fabulous option if you’re also looking to wear your hair extensions for longer periods.
These extensions are a fantastic way to transform your look, whether you want a full installation for volume, length, or want some highlights without the risks of chemical damage.
When it’s time to install your keratin fusion extensions, you need to do it with the help of a professional who understands how to install and remove your extensions.
Beyond ready for your consultation session?